Thursday, March 26, 2026

Microfiction challenge #8: Tart noir, heel, eyes meeting

 “Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?”

“It’s a pistol.”

Libby shifted her gaze from the gun’s barrel. His formerly baby blues were now glacial.  

“I guess I wasted my money on these fuck-me shoes.”

“I’m not opposed to mixing business and pleasure.” He waved his gun towards the bed.

Taking advantage of the distracted crosshairs, Libby executed a classic tart noir maneuver.* The gun fired but failed to halt her forward momentum, his left eye a lava flow of colour and drama as she impaled it with a three-inch heel.

*Forgive me for this sketchy plot device. 

2 comments:

  1. Finally, one of us gets violent! (As for classic Tart Noir maneuvers, I would think that fucking should happen before eye impaling. Pleasure always before business!) I'm loving this assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a lava flow of coulour and drama ... " - Brava!!!

    ReplyDelete

Microfiction challenge #12: Creation myth, dust, laughing

The next generation The dark, frozen wasteland stretched for 250 years. In year 251, a faintly remembered breeze stirred the clouds of rad...