7:00 p.m. Time for the dream-lost sleep of the elderly.
But when the residents returned to their rooms, each found a
sumptuous outfit on their bed. And an invitation to the “Get off your rocker!”
ball that night.
They scoffed, yet none could resist the urge to don dresses and tails. None except Grumpelstiltskin.
Swathed in silk and velvet, the residents were
energized. All attended the ball and danced until dawn. All except
Grumpelstiltskin.
The outfits vanished. But the materials had been impregnated
with a skin-penetrating life-lust that reawakened the residents’ joy. Except for
Grumpelstiltskin’s, who lived listlessly ever after.
I love this (and nearly went a Rumplestiltskin way too). I am worried I will live listlessly ever after.
ReplyDeleteNo, my dear IB, you are not allowed to linger in that gray world.
DeleteTo don or not to don. Perhaps the best curse in a fairy tale: to live listlessly forever.
ReplyDeleteThis was so creative! But where's Libby?
ReplyDeleteTaking a beach holiday in Aruba. :)
DeleteOh, I love this!
ReplyDelete